Larnach Castle - New Zealand’s only Castle
We are proud to announce we are the recipient of the New Zealand Hospitality association 'Excellence in Customer Service' award for 2014.
Accommodation at Larnach Castle
Larnach Lodge accommodation is purpose built within the grounds of Larnach Castle. Being built beside the original historic Stables and over the foundations of old farm buildings, Larnach Lodge was designed as a re-creation of a colonial farm building, positioned with spectacular harbour, ocean and Peninsula views.
The Lodge features:
- Larnach Lodge is Qualmark 4-Star rated within the “Guest and Hosted” category.
- Twelve themed rooms, encapsulating the historic Larnach Castle setting. Themes include: Scottish, Enchanted Forest, Rhododendron, Kate’s, New Zealand, Rose, Sea, White, Kauri, Pink, Goldrush, Victorian.
- Set within 35 acres of gardens and grounds, perfect for evening strolls and walks.
- The rooms all have en-suite's, heaters, free wireless, phone, SkyTV, radio alarm, tea and coffee making facilities, fridge, hairdryer, iron and ironing board, guest laundry and car parking.
- Close to other unique Otago Peninsula attractions, such as: the Royal Albatross Colony, the Yellow Eyed Penguin Reserve, Monarch Wildlife Cruises and Glenfalloch Gardens.
- The opportunity to dine in the Castle (bookings must be made by 5pm)
Dinner in the Castle
Dinner is offered in a Castle Dining Room. We do not operate a conventional restaurant, but in keeping with the historic setting, we offer a three-course table d’hôte menu served house party style to all guests at one sitting – a chance to meet our other guests.
As dinner is prepared especially for our guests,confirmation of attendance and menu choices must be made before 5.00pm on the day.
The menu reflects traditional New Zealand style cuisine with all meat and vegetables sourced locally. Our cellar carries a large selection of New Zealand wines.
Please mention that you found us on My Golf Guide.+ Show more